Re: Marketing, GNOME 3.0 and subteams

Hi,

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> How dare you steal my idea. ;)  j/k  I had thought about the app store,
> but I'm convinced that it won't work if we keep it "just GNOME".  It
> won't work until you involve distros/KDE/XFCE and completely centralize
> everything into one place to get cool apps regardless of desktop.  Linux
> desktop marketshare is so pathetically small that we need to join forces
> with everyone and work in unison to win people over

That's called a "distribution" - I'm not convinced :)

I think "featured GNOME apps" is a great idea - especially if we cast
our net wide and feature apps that integrate well with GNOME (like, as
was pointed out, applications like F-Spot, Abiword, the GIMP).

And I really like the design you've come up with Andreas! All in favour.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary