Re: response to linus...?

> what exactly is it that you think that yet another round of discussion
> on this topic will accomplish?

well, it's marketing (or to be exact, public relations) 101... you (as
an organization) don't just shut up when someone trashes your image.

go write a high-profile article trashing coca-cola or intel or
whatever big brand, and see if their public relations department stays
quiet...

"he who keeps silent, consents".  those brands i mentioned would never
do that, but we do because we're so much smarter than they are, and we
know much more than them about public image building... oh god.

anyway, i guess there's no point in discussing marketing issues in a
list that couldn't care less about what marketing means.  isn't that
just sad, or am i being too pesimistic tonight?

--
Santiago Roza
Departamento I+D - Thymbra