Re: response to linus...?

Hi

As everyone must have read, recently Linus Torvalds posted a message
in a mailing list (GNOME Usability), saying that the GNOME desktop
environment had a mentality of "users are idiots, and are confused by
functionality", so he "personally just encourages people to switch to
KDE".
He was subscribed to the OSDL desktop architects list which he later stated on the same thread that he had believed to be private when posting the message.

First of all, I don't think GNOME is only targeted at absolute
begginers (whom Linus implicitly calls "idiots"), but to everyone who
wants a usable, clean looking, and (most of all) simple desktop.
I dont think be implied that absolute beginners to be idiots which breaks down the whole message. I would suggest working on whatever issues needs to be addressed as the same thread has pointed out rather than sounding defensive on open letters. What kernel developers use as their personal choice as a desktop environment or email client just isnt that relevant to end users. Just my 2 cents.

regards
Rahul