Re: response to linus...?

You're certainly welcome to send whatever response you want, but I'd
suggest that there are many better things to do than respond directly
to Linus. Offhand:

* clarify our statements on usability on the website. It is clear we
do not communicate well why we do what we do, and we have no clear
statement about it on our website, which just complicates the problem.
Possibly one way to do this is to research the common myths written in
the various articles about this minor blowup, and write up a 'gnome
usability truths and myths' document for the website.

* start working on the release notes for the next release,
highlighting what usability changes we've made, and clarifying why
they are important/correct/best for our users.

* take a look at our user documentation, and suggest updates,
clarifications, etc., or file bugs about how usability could be
improved

I feel fairly strongly that arguing with Linus does very little to
actually move us forward. If you must write, and you feel you must
write about usability, there are many other ways you can write about
usability that will be more constructive.

Luis