Re: [libxml++] unicode support

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 20:02, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > a) All this talk is a waste of time until you actually have something
> > for us to look at and respond to.
>
> this is what makes me really wonder what I'm doing here. I'm the one
> developping new stuff, you are commanding and slowing things down.

The whole point of saying
"Well first you need to show us the patch."
and
"you haven't even shown us this "code"".
and
"All this talk is a waste of time until you actually have something
for us to look at and respond to."
is so that we can actually see these improvements, consider them, and
maybe use them. Would it be more productive to ignore you?

If you can be so easily offended by a simple suggestion that you
contribute then I don't know what on earth you expect instead. At this
point I can't imagine anything that wouldn't upset you. When faced with
this kind of bizarre behaviour I find it best to just say "show us stuff
and we'll consider it". I am not particularly interested in just being
someone for you to rant at - it's not productive.

As I said before, if you feel that you must have absolute power of a
project because you have some inexpressible voodoo idea of how a project
should be run, then feel free to fork. If you can't explain yourself
then maybe you can show us.

murray usa net