Re: [libxml++] unicode support

Murray Cumming wrote:

a) All this talk is a waste of time until you actually have something
for us to look at and respond to.

this is what makes me really wonder what I'm doing here. I'm the one
developping new stuff, you are commanding and slowing things down.
Don't get me wrong, I understand that you feel in the role of a
release manager who wants to assure stability and a release date
that doesn't slip. I'v no problems with that, and this is not the
first project where someone else takes up that role.
But you sure don't get me to contribute with your attitude and tone.

b) Sooner or later it would have to be a patch.

Why don't you write it yourself ? If you are not interested in the
feature, we'll get along just fine, each with a separate C++ wrapper,
and if you are interested, you can just make the changes yourself.
Or may be you should listen to what other libxml++ developers and
users think about my contributions.
Please don't pretend you are wasting your time because I'm hindering
'your' project (and by the way, your latest advogato entry makes
me think you are suffering a serious reality distortion problem as
to your own importance and role).

Please rethink your attitude if you want us to collaborate in the
future.

Stefan