Re: [libxml++] unicode support

Hi,

As far as the orientation the thread took, I'll just say that I quite agree
with Murray, but don't want to feed the troll.

Le Vendredi 7 Février 2003 23:10, Stefan Seefeld a écrit :
> The full C++ code now lives in a set of headers. There
> was just not enough code independent of the actual
> character type to be put into .cc files.

As far as this particular point, what I personnaly do with templated class is
that I still separate declaration and implementation into a .h and a .cc/.cpp
file.
Then I include the .cc/.cpp in the .h file so the templated implementation is
still visible by user code.
This make header much more clean and readable, and if one day we have the
chance to have a c++ compiler which support the 'export' keyword, then
adaptation will be as easy as comment 1 line of code.

This is to say that even if the unicode compliance of libxml++ means fully
templated classes, this won't mean .cc files suppression, and that a patch is
more than welcome...

Best regards,