Re: [jokosher-devel] New runscript

On 11/14/06, Robert McWilliam <rmcw allmail net> wrote:
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:53:30 +0000
"Stuart Langridge" <sil kryogenix org> wrote:
> Cool. Everyone seems happy with that, so I'll go for making the script
> Ubuntu-specific. We'll point non-Ubuntu people at the cvsgstreamer
> instructions as before. Cheers for the input, all!

What about it is going to be ubuntu specific? Is it just the getting
dependencies? If so would it be possible to have the rest of the script
still usable on other distros?

Probably. My plan is basically to add:

if on_ubuntu:
 if not check_dependencies(BUILD_DEPS_LIST):
   gksudo apt-get install REQUIRED_DEPENDENCIES

and tell people "you can use the script, but you'd better make sure
you have all the following stuff installed first: $BUILD_DEPS_LIST,
otherwise it won't work and will crash".

sil

--
I realise I'm using a different definition of the word "framework" to
the rest of the world, where it means "a really quick way to build