Re: [guadec-list] Terms and conditions for registration

Koen:

It would also be nice if we had some special swag that we could give
to people who donate (either by paying the EUR 100 fee or by donating at
the door).  If we had a button or a tshirt, then people could advertise
that they had donated money and possibly encourage others to also
consider doing so.

How's swag normally organised? Is there a central repository of swag, or
does it get produced locally?

The GNOME Foundation has some swag available.  We could hand out the
normal "Friends of GNOME" swag to people who donate at the event.  Just
make a request with the GNOME board of directors, and arrangements can
be made to ensure that the swag is available for the event.  If this is
a problem (or if we run out of swag at the event), then swag could be
mailed to people instead of handing it out at the event.  Though it
would probably be better to avoid/minimize postage costs if we can.

However, if there are people locally interested in putting together some
swag, then I think it would be reasonable for the people responsible for
creating it to get a reasonable percentage of the revenue generated.
Note that any usage of the GNOME brand needs to be approved by the
board, but I think any tasteful use of the brand would be quickly
approved.

Brian