Re: [guadec-list] Terms and conditions for registration

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 12:23:02PM -0500, Brian Cameron wrote:
> I also think that we should make it a part of the registration process
> that we spend a minute to explain to each person about the fact that the
> GNOME Foundation is a charity and ask people to consider contributing.

Indeed, and I am planning on including that on the very page where
people choose 0, 100 or 250 euro's. Make it clear that it is up to
people to choose what they think is appropriate, while encouraging
paying for the ticket.

> With the packet of stuff that we give to people when they arrive, I
> think it should also include a brochure or some literature that
> explains the GNOME Foundation, explains what we do, and why donating
> money is good for the project.

Excellent idea, i've made a note of that. I'm sure such a leaflet
already exists. Ideally we have it in digital form, as it is our
intention to keep paper waste to a minimum by handing out materials
digitally.

> It would also be nice if we had some special swag that we could give
> to people who donate (either by paying the EUR 100 fee or by donating at
> the door).  If we had a button or a tshirt, then people could advertise
> that they had donated money and possibly encourage others to also
> consider doing so.

How's swag normally organised? Is there a central repository of swag, or
does it get produced locally?

Gr,

Koen