Re: [guadec-list] Terms and conditions for registration

On 08/04/2010 18:44, Koen Martens wrote:

Excellent idea, i've made a note of that. I'm sure such a leaflet
already exists. Ideally we have it in digital form, as it is our
intention to keep paper waste to a minimum by handing out materials
digitally.

I understand the eco-friendly reasons for this, and I know we've done it for two or three years now... but has anyone done any research on how many people actually read the digital stuff they get handed at conferences, compared to what they get on paper?

I have to admit, anything I get on a CD/DVD goes straight in the bin, and anything on a USB stick gets immediately deleted. But give me some information on a few sheets of paper and I'll happily read it all.

(And I've said it before, but I'll say it again this year-- a conference schedule on paper is infinitely more useful than a PDF version... and no, it's not always easy just to print off a copy once you're on-site at the event...)

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation, Ireland
mailto:calum.benson at oracle.com      Solaris Desktop Group

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.