Re: [guadec-list] Terms and conditions for registration

Koen:

Koen Martens wrote:
Whoa, full stop.. In our initial bid, we had a minimum entrance of EUR 15,-,
but after comments from the board we took that out and made it a EUR 0,-. Which
now resulted in these three levels:

student/hobbyist EUR 0,-
Normal EUR 100,-
Professional EUR 250,-

People can choose themselves, and we won't check if someone is a hobbyist
or not :) The registration site will explain that the money is for the
good of GUADEC and the Gnome foundation.

I was really under the impression that we all were conscious of the above
arrangement, and agreed with it.

OK - apologies for the misunderstanding.

I also think that we should make it a part of the registration process
that we spend a minute to explain to each person about the fact that the
GNOME Foundation is a charity and ask people to consider contributing.

If this is not possible, or if people think this would be too pushy,
then perhaps something more passive, like a poster that tells people
the good news about the Foundation and asks people to consider
approaching a particular volunteer to give a donation.

With the packet of stuff that we give to people when they arrive, I
think it should also include a brochure or some literature that
explains the GNOME Foundation, explains what we do, and why donating
money is good for the project.

It would also be nice if we had some special swag that we could give
to people who donate (either by paying the EUR 100 fee or by donating at
the door).  If we had a button or a tshirt, then people could advertise
that they had donated money and possibly encourage others to also
consider doing so.

Brian