Re: [guadec-list] Terms and conditions for registration

Hi,

Koen Martens wrote:
>> It would also be nice if we had some special swag that we could give
>> to people who donate (either by paying the EUR 100 fee or by donating at
>> the door).  If we had a button or a tshirt, then people could advertise
>> that they had donated money and possibly encourage others to also
>> consider doing so.
>
> How's swag normally organised? Is there a central repository of swag, or
> does it get produced locally?

We now have a central source of t-shirts & mugs possible, previously
this wasn't the case.

I think it makes sense to have "packs" for each payment level - in the
past we have had an evening for professional participants only, and
FOSDEM does very well out of their model which is "it's free, but if you
want to get a t-shirt, you have to donate €25, if you want to get a book
& magazine subscription as well, you donate €50". The €100 price point
is a bit high for just a t-shirt, but if we can figure out some way to
make it worthwhile for the people paying then I think we should take
that opportunity.

Aside from a t-shirt & a USB key, what do we have to give? Access to
some reception? A special badge? The Friends of GNOME mug?

For professional attendees, we should make an effort to have something
even more extra - a DVD with presentations sent out afterwards or
something. Perhaps we could even work with Miro before the conference to
have a DVD of GNOME presentations given as part of the registration pack?

These are just ideas, but the core principle is that if you're coming to
the conference, you shouldn't get something for nothing - we should make
an effort to have some kind of value proposition for attendees to
encourage the higher levels where they're appropriate.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary