Re: Where to hold it? (was: Re: GU4DEC - Let's start the discussionnow.)

> Dublin is expensive. Think "London prices". :( If you can fly to
> somewhere served by RyanAir, you can substantially chop the remaining
> airfare: I once flew with RyanAir from Dublin to Cardiff for five pounds!
> But I don't think it makes up for the food/accomodation bills.

Yeah, as Telsa said, Dublin is extremely poopy...it might have a
fantastic social life [in pubs] but living there isn't the easiest. You
can stay in Trinity College during the summer [which doesn't help with
the usual timing of GUADEC] but it's still pretty expensive...and AFAIK
they have rather anal rules about living there. Plus it rains.

If you want to come to Dublin, then you don't really need GUADEC as an
excuse for getting there. :)

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)

P.S. I'm game for Prague [1] and Bavaria [2]

[1] although I'm not entirely sure if there are many GNOME hackers
living there to help out with the organization
[2] for obvious reasons