Re: GU4DEC - Let's start the discussion now.

<quote who="Tuomas Kuosmanen">

> For a developers location map it would be easy, just have a list on CVS,
> but that would not be good in case someone does not want their home
> coordinates listed publically. And maintaining an anonymous list is hard.

Okay, so, one of the things I've been quietly working on is an LDAP setup
for the GNOME servers, which would store information about developers and
contributors, handle authentication, and other such niceties. We're
currently using a mix of CVS modules, mysql databases, and mailman lists to
manage this stuff.

An optional and private location field could be added, readable only by 'the
system' and writable only by the owner of the object (ie. the person).

[ I'm envisioning a bit of an uphill battle against the CVS purists with
some of this stuff, but a lot of it is inappropriate for CVS, and managed
better elsewhere. I want to have it fairly polished before presenting it as
something useful to the project, however. ]

- Jeff

--
    "I'm taking no part in your merry 5-way clusterfuck - sort that mess
                 out between yourselves." - Alexander Viro