Re: Font problems on Windows

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 16:51 -0500, Bruce Sherwood wrote:
> Thanks. I found your note, and the link to your extensive discussion:
>
> 	http://developer.imendio.com/node/145
>
> As a newcomer, I'll note that the very good gtkmm documentation on
> installation and use could be improved by adding a section on packaging
> applications for Windows and Mac.

As an old-timer, keep in mind that there really isn't any agreement on
how best to do this for either platform. On OS X, it depends a lot on
whether the app is being built with gtk/osx or gtk/x11. The same would
also be true on Windows, though my guess is that not many people use X11
there. How to handle the runtime environment is still a new-new thing on
OS X, and a new-ish thing on Windows, and people are still figuring out
best practices.