Re: Static linking on Windows

In fact, Robert Pearce pointed me to Dependency Walker (I had failed to ask the right question of Google to find it myself), and it did a great job of identifying everything. In fact, I passed it a .pyd file and it happily analyzed it. Thanks to both of you for pointing me to this.

There remains pending for me the fact that using gtkmm instead of Windows-specific windowing code increases my binary from 4 MB to 40 MB. It was suggested that one can strip the dll's, but I don't know how to do that. I installed gtkmm etc. from Windows binary downloads.

Bruce Sherwood

Alan Ott wrote: