Re: table layout

Joe Smith wrote:
Daniel Kasak wrote:

... snipped ...

Lyricue looks sweet, but it would probably take me several hours of work, and some serious Perl/system knowledge to get all the dependencies installed and get the app working. If I want to install it on another system, I start over again from scratch.

This is why you use package dependancies.
For lyricue we have a debian package which means you can just run 'apt-get install lyricue' and it will install the app, setup the DB and all dependancies without users having to learn a thing.
This is no different to any other C/C++ based app.
They depend on libgtk2, libglib, libgnomecanvas, libglade etc
We just add a few bits like libgtk2-perl, libglib-perl etc

... snipped ...

gtk-perl-list mailing list
gtk-perl-list gnome org

Sections of this program not affecting the outcome may have been edited for program length reasons