Re: GTK TreeView control in Windows (DND issue)

On 18 Sep 2011, at 11:54, Dieter Verfaillie wrote:

> Probably best to attach this to some bug report and start marking
> the other TreeView DnD related reports as duplicates. Then we have
> a bug report to show the maintainers (I think that's the preferred
> way of working) and it's shows me mean business here ;)

Can I leave that to you then, Dieter?  It sounds like you're a bit more experienced in that area than I am.

>> Now to take a look at Peter's patches....
>
> Really good stuff in there. I can move a scrollbar handle again
> even when the pointer is outside of the GtkWindow containing
> said scrollbar.

It might be worth my while to apply them soon then, since I've found a problem with reverting that patch.  After testing more extensively, the only issue I've found is when I have two top-level GTK windows (physically separated on the screen) such as a main window and child dialog.  If I try to drag something from one window to the other, the drag cursor doesn't "travel" between the two windows.  It stops at the edge of the first GTK window and then resumes when my mouse pointer enters the second window.  This worked a lot smoother with the original 2.20 code.  I think there's a longer term solution needed to fix the new code, rather than reverting to the old code. unless Peter's changes can help?

John