Re: GTK TreeView control in Windows (DND issue)

On 18/09/2011 13:10, John Emmas wrote:
> Can I leave that to you then, Dieter?  It sounds like you're a
> bit more experienced in that area than I am.

Sure. I'll start looking into it this afternoon/evening. Feel free
to still drop by on irc.gnome.org though (#win32 should serve us
well to prepare all this). Always better having 2 pair of eyes going
over bugzilla :) I'm there as dieterv (or dieterv_afk when real life
requires my attention).

> It might be worth my while to apply them soon then, since I've found
> a problem with reverting that patch.  After testing more extensively,
> the only issue I've found is when I have two top-level GTK windows
> (physically separated on the screen) such as a main window and child
> dialog.  If I try to drag something from one window to the other, the
> drag cursor doesn't "travel" between the two windows.  It stops at the
> edge of the first GTK window and then resumes when my mouse pointer
> enters the second window.  This worked a lot smoother with the
> original 2.20 code.  I think there's a longer term solution needed to
> fix the new code, rather than reverting to the old code. unless
> Peter's changes can help?

If you mean the drag preview thing that sits under the pointer while
dragging then yes, it continues to follow the pointer even when it
leaves the bounds of the parent GtkWindow with Peter's patches applied.

Don't attempt applying those manually though, have a look at
http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/list and save yourself some
manual labor. I've been using the PortableGit flavor more than a
year now and it has served me well :)

mvg,
Dieter