Re: GTK TreeView control in Windows (DND issue)

On Sun, 2011-09-18 at 01:03 +0200, Dieter Verfaillie wrote:

> To clarify, I've ran "GDK_DEBUG=dnd testtreeview.exe" for
> both GTK+ versions.
>
> Looking at the output (the gdk_drag_find_window lines are
> the interesting bits), it seems dest_window is not yet
> correctly determined in 2.24. With the attached test results,
> I would have expected dest_window to be 0034061E but it is
> 001B069A (which is drag_window).
>
> Currently, my best guess is that the WindowFromPoint() call
> doesn't give us the hwnd we're supposed to get in this case
> (in gdkdnd-win32.c::gdk_drag_find_window_for_screen(), around
> line 1988 with Peter's patches applied).
>
> I suspect this might be solved by using the generalized
> _gdk_get_windowing_window_at_point(er) work from your patches,
> but have yet to take a closer look.

I did think that at one point, but now I'm not so sure. I suspect it may
actually be the grab code which is incorrect. You might need something
more like the "find_window_for_mouse_event()" call in gdkevents-win32.c.

> ps For future reference: GTK+ development related discussions
> are better done one gtk-devel-list. You'll probably attract
> more GTK+ developers/maintainers over there. There's also
> a #win32 channel on irc.gnome.org in need of being repopulated
> with people working on the Windows bits and pieces.

Thanks.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,