Re: Sudden Tango changes in trunk

Also, if you are using icons in ways other than they were "designed
for", you can always create a copy under another name so that changes
in the user's theme (or an update of the default) won't mess up the
visual look of your application. That's how I'm handling custom icons
for my project, and it seems to work...

http://live.gnome.org/ThemableAppIcons

On 3/28/07, Yevgen Muntyan <muntyan tamu edu> wrote:
Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 11:33 -0500, Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
>
>> Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 10:47 -0500, Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
>>>
> [...]
>
>>> We can install our own icons for the corner cases that exist
>>> only for our applications
>>>
>> Um, we can do that only if we have the icon. And that's a
>> problem. If someone volunteers to draw missing icons for
>> me then I'll be glad, but until then I will use gtk-about for
>> bookmarks and gtk-select-font for "Configure Shortcuts"
>> thing.
>>

> I'm sorry if you were under the impression that you could
> deliver a professional grade application without any graphic
> artists
No sir, I was under the impression that it is possible to make a
useful application even without a graphics artist.
>  - if your project lacks resources then it lacks
> resources and is incomplete - if you violate and misuse the
> gtk+ api then (as I've heard others phrase it): "you get
> what you deserve".

Right. So what do I deserve for trying to work around the fact
that there is no stock icon for bookmarks with my limited
resources?
If something needs to be broken, it's fine. But there must be
consideration applied, not just blind "you get what you deserve".
Oh well, whatever. We are living in ideal world, and doing only
right things. Sure.

Yevgen