Sudden Tango changes in trunk

Dear All,

When updating trunk over the weekend I was surprised by two commits
replacing/overwriting old icons with new "tango" ones.  Before I had a
chance to mail to this list about this I noticed a blog entry saying
that the whole GTK+ stock icon set will be updated.

I don't remember any discussion about this on the list, where have we
decided that we are going to update the stock icons?  From the first two
commits I figure that the old icons will be overwritten by the new ones.

I am concerned that this change will "visually break" any old
applications, which might have custom icons that more or less match the
current gtk+ icon style.  To me it feels like replacing icons is not a
solution here, a new icon theme with the tango icons should be created
instead.

regards,

-kris.