Re: Sudden Tango changes in trunk

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 11:33 -0500, Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 10:47 -0500, Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
[...]
We can install our own icons for the corner cases that exist only for our applications
Um, we can do that only if we have the icon. And that's a
problem. If someone volunteers to draw missing icons for
me then I'll be glad, but until then I will use gtk-about for
bookmarks and gtk-select-font for "Configure Shortcuts"
thing.

I'm sorry if you were under the impression that you could
deliver a professional grade application without any graphic
artists
No sir, I was under the impression that it is possible to make a
useful application even without a graphics artist.
 - if your project lacks resources then it lacks
resources and is incomplete - if you violate and misuse the
gtk+ api then (as I've heard others phrase it): "you get
what you deserve".
Right. So what do I deserve for trying to work around the fact
that there is no stock icon for bookmarks with my limited
resources?
If something needs to be broken, it's fine. But there must be
consideration applied, not just blind "you get what you deserve".
Oh well, whatever. We are living in ideal world, and doing only
right things. Sure.

Yevgen