Re: Using dsum across sheets

Thus spake Andreas J. Guelzow (aguelzow taliesin ca):

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 14:07, Mike Perry wrote:
Ugh... So there's no hack that can be done to get the elements in this
row into a column then (maybe via Lookup, et al)? I just have to keep
it in a row? That's not so nice..

I'm not averse to writing a python plugin or something to get this done,
but I'd need a hint on the right direction I'd want to head in with
that.

I must have missed the beginning of this thread, but what exactly are
you trying to accomplish?

The beginning of the thread has appeard on the archives:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnumeric-list/2004-January/msg00058.html

I'm essentially trying to do bookkeeping on a number of jobs over the
course of a period of time. The main idea is to input all of this
information into gnumeric and have it sum up how much time has been
spent in each particular job. The timetable sheet is thus separate from
the job sheet.

I've figured out a hack-solution to get the rows into a column from the
and then use the Index function to index into this sheet, with
something like:

=index(JobTranspose!$A$1:$Z$3,3,$A2,1)

This I can then drag down, and the third argument ($A2) is then
auto-incremented. $A2 in the JobTable sheet is the number of the column
in the JobTranspose sheet.. Kind of convoluted, but at least it seems to
work.

I've run into another problem, though. It seems as though there is no
Time type that can easily represent large amounts of elapsed time..
Something that could do days, hours, minutes would be nice. Or maybe
even a way to lift the 0-23 restriction on the hours portion of hh:mm?

Oh, and one more question, instead of saying JobTranspose!$A1$1:$Z$3, is
there a shortand to select the whole table in a range?

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist