Re: Using dsum across sheets

Thus spake Jean Br?fort (jean brefort ac-dijon fr):

Le dim 25/01/2004 ?? 21:04, Mike Perry a ??crit :
Thus spake Jean Br?fort (jean brefort ac-dijon fr):

if I simply drag the DSUM formula down, I get:

=dsum(TimeTable!A$1:F$45,"Time Delta",JobTranspose!A1:A2)
=dsum(TimeTable!A$1:F$45,"Time Delta",JobTranspose!A2:A3)

Which simply won't work no matter how I finagle the JobTranspose sheet
layout.

How is this issue typically solved? I would assume this would be a pretty
common thing to do in a spreadsheet (and thus should be straightforward),
but as I said, I'm new to the whole gig. Maybe I'm approaching the
problem entirely wrong? Maybe people do something other than DSUM for
this type of task?

The only way I know to do that is to put the formulas on the same line:

=dsum(TimeTable!A$1:F$45,"Time Delta",JobTranspose!A1:A2)

will become in next cell:

=dsum(TimeTable!A$1:F$45,"Time Delta",JobTranspose!B1:B2)

Ugh... So there's no hack that can be done to get the elements in this
row into a column then (maybe via Lookup, et al)? I just have to keep
it in a row? That's not so nice..

I'm not averse to writing a python plugin or something to get this done,
but I'd need a hint on the right direction I'd want to head in with
that.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist