Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Major ILS change

Damien Sandras wrote:
What about changing GM and ILS so that is shows in the address book that the user is not callable? And perahpas in same way indicate a firewall/NAT configuration problem.

That was teh first thing I did yesterday, and the listing was awful,
showing about 60% of uncallable users.

Yes but this is not so bad becouse then the user will have an indication that something is wrong with the configuration.

I can understand that if you want to get rid of bad configured users becouse the server is on to much load.

We have 2 solutions :
- either we try to have a correct and decent ILS, without porn and with
correctly configured users
- or we let the ILS be populated by misconfigured and unreachable users.

In the latter, I think it denotes a bad quality for the project. What's
the point in giving your phone number if you have no phone?

They have a phone but it is wrong configured like if I set my phone to
German then I can't use it wery well, but the operator in not blocking me becous of that ;)

It's just that I am not so sure this is nice thing to do to users that want to try to get GM working that is one problem the other was the amount of testing I get when ppl call that includes a lot of users with bad configuration. I have helped quite a lot of users to get it right :)

Perhaps there is a solution that all are happy with.