Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Major ILS change

Damien Sandras wrote:
Hello to all,

I have modified the ILS server so that only people accessible from the
outside are allowed to register. I know that some people were having
successful calls while not being accessible from the outside, but that
was a minority and we received many complaints about the fact taht many
people on ILS were unreachable.

If you now see the message indicating that you have to register to see
other registered users, it means that your port 1720 is not accessible
for external users and that your registration was thus rejected...

This have one bad side effect at least for me.
A lot of problems in GM have I noticed from users calling
from the ILS now there will not be any test calls from users
with random configurations anymore. Because all the users on
ILS now have a working system so they will not try to call me or someone else. So I think the quality of GM will start to drop, I think one good way to test GM is in real situations with random version of GM and with different settings on both sides and that is automatically happening at least for me when random ppl call in, and I am quite sure that will stop from now on. I am going to compare from now on how many calls I get now compared to before, I guess I can tell the ratio in one week from now.

There are probely other bad side effects as well like ppl that want to
test their firewall settings it seem that ppl do that all the time by calling other users and I guess this will be harder for them now to test
as well, and in the end this will cause fewer users of GM.

So there are bad side effects of this perhaps it can be solved some how.

Cheers Johnny