Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Unlimiting Bandwidth?

Le mar 20/05/2003 à 16:59, Jeffrey C. Ollie a écrit :

> I'm using a nVidia GeForce2 MX 400 with the binary XFree86 drivers from
> nVidia.  xvinfo confirms that YUV overlays are supported.  My camera is
> a Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000.  Is there some way of determining for sure
> that YUV overlays are being used?  During a call XFree86 is using up a

Yes, there exist an environment variable to set to put SDL in Debug
mode. Try to switch to full screen and watch the CPU usage, it should go
down.

> lot of CPU too.  Here's the output from "-d 6" that relates to the video
> grabber:

Just for curiosity, what kind of CPU do you have?

> Yes, this definitely stresses the CPU.  Is this implemented in GM or in
> OpenH323?  Too bad I don't know x86 assembler or I'd try rewriting

In GTK directly.

> subroutines like these to see if there would be performance benefit.
>
> I also noticed that reducing the size of the transmitted video from
> large to small had a significant effect on CPU usage.

Yes, actually the images have to be converted from one color format to
the other for display/reception/transmission. But the CPU usage
shouldn't go to 100% except perhaps on Pentium1 machines.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org