Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Unlimiting Bandwidth?

Le lun 19/05/2003 à 23:27, Jeffrey C. Ollie a écrit :

> > Perhaps your MCU doesn't cope well with H.261.
>
> I checked and the PolyCom units are sending H.261.
>
> After some more playing around, it seems that my major problem was that
> for some reason GnomeMeeting was "zoomed in" (probably a preference left
> over from some other time that I played with GM).  With the video
> zoomed, CPU usage went through the roof and GM wasn't able to keep up

Yes I noticed the image was rather big (probably CIF * 2 = 352x288 * 2)
which is too big if you don't use hardware acceleration. If you want a
bigger image, I suggest you to switch to fullscreen, provided that your
video hardware config supports YUV overlays (if not, 0.97.0-CVS is using
RGB24).

> with the flow of packets. By setting the zoom back to normal size things
> improved dramatically.  What optimization do people recommend when

There is also an "enable bilinear filtering" in the preferences that
could be disabled if your CPU suffers too much.

> compiling PWLib/OpenH323/GnomeMeeting?  I'm currently running binaries
> compiled with "-O2 -g -mcpu=i686 -march=i686" (the defaults you get when
> compiling with RPM).  I'm recompiling now with "-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
> -fstrength-reduce -frerun-cse-after-loop -funroll-loops -mcpu=i686
> -march=i686" to see if it helps.

I'm using standard flags, no optimisation, but if you can contribute
flags that optimize things dramatically, please contribute them.

Thanks!