[GnomeMeeting-list] AVC Firewire support?

Hi,
I've searched through the digest and google, but haven't found a
definitive answer yet, so I thought I'd try asking myself.  Does
Gnomemeeting support AVC type firewire video cameras?  I've done the
following:

- Recompiled pwlib 1.4.10 w/ TRY_1394AVC set, verified that the resulting
  library has references to 1394avc function calls
- Recompiled openh323 1.11.6 w/ TRY_1394AVC set
- Recompiled gnomemeeting 0.96-1 w/ TRY_1394AVC set

I don't see the /dev/raw1394 device listed in video devices.  My camera
works in Kino/dvgrab with no problems.  On google I see references to
applying patches, but they appear to be out-of-date, because I also read
somewhere that gnomemeeting now relies on pwlib to find the firewire
device..

Thanks for any help,
Jason