Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Unlimiting Bandwidth?

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 14:04, Damien Sandras wrote:

> But I don't understand something :
> - The screenshot corresponds to an image saved by GnomeMeeting

Yes, it was taken from my PC running GnomeMeeting 0.96.1.

> - Was the image something sent by another GnomeMeeting?

No, the video stream that I was watching when I took the screen capture
was sent by a PolyCom PictureTel 600 through a Cisco MC03A MCU.

> Perhaps your MCU doesn't cope well with H.261.

I checked and the PolyCom units are sending H.261.

After some more playing around, it seems that my major problem was that
for some reason GnomeMeeting was "zoomed in" (probably a preference left
over from some other time that I played with GM).  With the video
zoomed, CPU usage went through the roof and GM wasn't able to keep up
with the flow of packets. By setting the zoom back to normal size things
improved dramatically.  What optimization do people recommend when
compiling PWLib/OpenH323/GnomeMeeting?  I'm currently running binaries
compiled with "-O2 -g -mcpu=i686 -march=i686" (the defaults you get when
compiling with RPM).  I'm recompiling now with "-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-fstrength-reduce -frerun-cse-after-loop -funroll-loops -mcpu=i686
-march=i686" to see if it helps.

>  Works are being done in
> OpenH323 to support H.263 too. It already works, but not with
> Netmeeting.

That'll be cool...