Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Unlimiting Bandwidth?

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 08:56, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le lun 19/05/2003 à 15:49, Jeffrey C. Ollie a écrit :
> > We're starting to use videoconferencing where I work for a variety of
> > purposes, both point-to-point conferences and conferences set up through
> > a Cisco MC03A MCU.  However, some of the ones that I'd like to use
> > through the MCU are set for a relatively high bandwidth - 768K.  When I
> > connect up with GnomeMeeting (0.96.1, pwlib 1.4.11, OpenH323 1.11.7) the
> > quality of the video that I receive is relatively poor with lots of
> > ghosting and other artifacts.  The video quality is very good in
> > NetMeeting and some Polycom endpoints.  Are the bandwidth settings in
> > GnomeMeeting somehow causing the MCU and/or GnomeMeeting to degrade the
> > video quality?  The bandwidth control has been upped to the max (100) as
>
> If the quality settings are set to a low bandwidth yes.
> I suggest you to put the max bandwidth to the max and the minimum
> quality to 100% and see what happens, quality should be very good (like
> the original quality).

Yes, they are all set to the maximum.  I've posted a screenshot of
what the video looks like:

<http://jeffollie.home.mchsi.com/gnomemeeting-snap-0.png>

> If you still see problems, then there is an
> interaction problem between your GnomeMeeting and the MCU you are
> connecting to.

Would it be worth compiling a recent snapshot of 0.97?  Do I need CVS
HEAD versions of PWLib & OpenH323 for 0.97 snapshots?

Jeff