Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Connection Problem

Le jeu 19/12/2002 à 10:34, adrian golumbovici t-online de a écrit :
> BTW, I saw in the logs (if I interpreted that right) that he sent video
> in format H.261 QCIF. Is there a special decoder for H.261? What
> package contains that thing (maybe upgrading that package might help)?

H.261 is code from VIC (university of Columbian iirc) and is included in
OpenH323. That code is of good quality and pretty old and tested.
QCIF is only the size. It means small size.

I have one idea though, but it is purely hypothetical:
- it does work only if he is not sending video, ie if he is not sending
much data. Couldn't it be possible that his DSL is of extremely bad
quality and reduces downloads a lot when there is much upload? If so,
some packets sent by GnomeMeeting could be dropped and Netmeeting could
think the connection is broken. I know it works for other Netmeeting
users, but they are using H.263 which is using less bandwidth than
H.261, we can't include it in GM for legal reasons.
Tell him to watch his bandwidth and to reduce video quality.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org