Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Connection Problem

Le mer 18/12/2002 à 19:23, Adrian Golumbovici a écrit :
> ummm.... why putting ppp as his connection in Netmeeting might  create
> probs?!?

For the same reason why using Windows might create probs? ;-)

> and if firewall would be an issue, why would I still get at least 0-5
> seconds of image from him?

Because it is outgoing traffic for him, outgoing traffic is rarely
firewalled, people usually only filter incoming traffic. The problem is
probably that his netmeeting doesn't receive any data from you, thus it
disconnects.
If it doesn't receive any data from you, either the data doesn't leave
your computer, or the data is dropped on his side.

> I know a bit about firewalling (configured a few myself) but am not
> declaring myself an expert. Still, getting only a part of the transmission
> through a firewall doesn't make much sense...

Why not? Isn't it the purpose of firewalls to filter connections and to
accept some of them and reject others ?

--
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>