Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] H.350 server

Hi Alexandre,

> I was just following up on the proposal of using Asterisk as an H.323 to
> SIP translator, it could then be located on seconix.com, couldn't it?

well, technically yes.. but the solution was rather a per-user
recommendation in my eyes.. like you setup an asterisk on your
firewall/router and avoid NAT problems together with gaining a bunch of
funny other features.. (like voicemail, parallel ring on all GMs etc.)

> And if Asterisk was able to just route the sig channels and leave the
> RTP up to the endpoints, it wouldn't be a problem to have it on
> seconix...

that'd be a GK, not a GW then (at least as far as i do understand the
technical details so far... for sure Damien can enlighten us on this one
;)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian