Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] H.350 server

Hi Kilian,

Le mar 11/05/2004 à 14:26, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> as chan_h323 cannot do video afaik the bandwidth consumption is not as
> bad as you might have imagined ;)

I don't know how many concurrent calls are supposed to take place, but
the problem might also come from the CPU (encoding many simultaneous
channels can be a resource hog, and introduce an additional delay).

> However i hadn't understood that a GW is to be expected on seconix.com,
> but rather a GK..

I was just following up on the proposal of using Asterisk as an H.323 to
SIP translator, it could then be located on seconix.com, couldn't it?
And if Asterisk was able to just route the sig channels and leave the
RTP up to the endpoints, it wouldn't be a problem to have it on
seconix...

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi libertysurf fr>