Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] H.350 server

Damien Sandras a écrit :

Le mar, 11/05/2004 à 13:38 +0200, daniel huhardeaux a écrit :
Hello to everybody

Does it mean that if I register with H323 I will not be able to call a SIP user? would it be possible to register with SIP *and* H323 as same user?

If you register to an H.323 Gatekeeper, you can not call a SIP user
through that Gatekeeper.

If you register to a SIP Registrar, you can not call an H.323 user
through that SIP Registrar.

However, you can still use sip://IP or h323://IP.
If you register both to the SIP registrar and the H.323 Gatekeeper, you
should be able to call indifferently users using one or the other
following the remote is registered too.
Ok. But remember that asterisk has an h323 bridge. So asterisk can call gatekeeper, as well as you can tell gatekeeper to send call to asterisk. In this case, it's tranparent for users. But it's perhaps not an GM problem ;-)

I think we will have to make a choice between the two protocols for the
major one, because configuring firewalls for SIP and H.323 will be a
pain.
Perhaps a stupid question: but as far as I know, IAX has no firewall problem. Could this not be a solution?

Daniel