Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] H.350 server

Le mar 11/05/2004 à 14:08, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Indeed but it doesn't solve the above problem. Well sort of, by having
> all H.323 users registering to a GK, all SIP users registering to a SIP
> registrar, Asterisk could bridge the calls and permit to H.323 users to
> call SIP users even if SIP is disabled on the H.323 side and vice-versa.

Just a sidenote on the way Asterisk deals with H.323: as far as I know,
the current H.323 interfaces in Asterisk (chan_h323 and asterisk-oh323)
both force the media (RTP) to go through Asterisk once the call is
established. They don't just route the signalling channels, so this
solution might quickly overwhelm a publicly available Asterisk server at
Seconix.
A bit OT, but I thought it was worth saying it :-)

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi libertysurf fr>