Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] H.350 server

Le mar, 11/05/2004 à 22:36 +1000, Dennis Gilmore a écrit :
> Once upon a time Tuesday 11 May 2004 8:28 pm, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Hi Dennis,
> >
> > Thanks for getting back to us about this !
> >

> No problems its somthing i think will help GM in the long term

Certainly yes :)

> > I was thinking to do them through a web interface. The users register
> > for an account on seconix.com, they are given a password.
> >

> cool that shuldn't be a problem,  when they register  they would get an
> account on the GNU GK and entry in the ldap server?  ill look into GNU GK
> more

Yes. the GNU GK possibly using the LDAP server for authentication.

> > They register with their login/password in GnomeMeeting using the
> > gatekeeper on seconix.com. It instantly publishes the info they have
> > given when creating their account in the H.350 LDAP server. GnomeMeeting
> > can browse that LDAP server.
>
> cool  so we will have a db of all registered users and grab there info when
> they sign in  and push it to the ldap directory.

Yes, that's exactly what I have in mind, however if anybody here has
other ideas, feel free to contribute them!

> > Notice I don't plan to support all H.350 attributes, but only those
> > similar to ILS. The user will also be able to specify what attribute
> > should be used when calling an user by double-clicking on him. For
> > example, one of the attributes contains the alias to the Gatekeeper, the
> > user will be able to configure that double-click on an user leads to
> > calling h323://%s where %s is the alias, ie the login.
>
> so just
> h323IdentityGKDomain
> h323Identityh323-ID
> h323Identityemail-ID
> h323IdentityURL-ID
>
> or there abouts?

I think we can aslo reuse some standard attributes for the name,
country, ... But I guess the above are enough for H.350 support in the
address book. Most probably h323IdentityURL alone is enough.

> > > as a web page as well as in gm address book.  if user whitepages  were
> > > you
> >
> > Not sure about that one. I think the first step is the gm address book.
>
> Whitepages online would involve alot more work for little gain  and probably
> make it easier for non gm users to find out gm users details

I agree here...