Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] H.350 server

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for getting back to us about this !

Le mar, 11/05/2004 à 20:03 +1000, Dennis Gilmore a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>
> Ive been looking up info on H.350 for a replacement of ILS.
>
> I have downloaded some documentation and ldif files from the ITU website and a
> few other places.  wanting to clarify a few items  and layout my timetable
> for a working implementation.
>
> Firstly were you thinking of having all initial registrations done via a web
> interface? or in gnomemeeting?  Were you thinking of having user whitepages

I was thinking to do them through a web interface. The users register
for an account on seconix.com, they are given a password.

They register with their login/password in GnomeMeeting using the
gatekeeper on seconix.com. It instantly publishes the info they have
given when creating their account in the H.350 LDAP server. GnomeMeeting
can browse that LDAP server.

Notice I don't plan to support all H.350 attributes, but only those
similar to ILS. The user will also be able to specify what attribute
should be used when calling an user by double-clicking on him. For
example, one of the attributes contains the alias to the Gatekeeper, the
user will be able to configure that double-click on an user leads to
calling h323://%s where %s is the alias, ie the login.

> as a web page as well as in gm address book.  if user whitepages  were you

Not sure about that one. I think the first step is the gm address book.

> thinking we would have a registered helper in the browser  so users could
> click on sip of h323 links to call a user?  were you thinking of gnugk or

There is an attribute in the H.350 schemas specifying what protocol the
user is using. When double-clicking, you will call him using that
registered protocol.

> asterix as a gatekeeper?

GNU GK, asterisk is only a gateway.
H.323 users will register using a gatekeeper, their default proto will
be H.323.
SIP users will register using a SIP Registrar, their default proto will
be SIP.

When they create their account, what protocol they will be using doesn't
matter.

> i think thats all my questions so far.

I hope my answers do help you!

> now as to implementation i am currently doing an overloaded workload of
> subjects at uni so i can graduate this year. but what i have is this.  at the

Im crossing my fingers!

> end of June i am moving from Australia to the United States  i will have two
> months before i go to college there.  so what i am proposing is this.
> between now and then i will get as much information as i can on H.350 its
> implementation and how we want to do it from this end.  then i have a long
> flight to start working on an implentation and two months to get it finished
> and workingas we want it. I have 4 batteries for my laptop  so ill have
> plenty of time to get stuff done.  I do have a gradstream Budgetone 100 phone
> to test but hopefully when we get to that point GM  will also be able to be
> used for testing as well

I think we will have SIP after H.350. That implies installing an
OpenLDAP server with the H.350 schemas (easy), coding LDAP support in GM
(less easy, but I'll do it), coding the registration pages in PHP (less
easy), modifying GNU GK or openh323gk to support :
- doing the authentication using H.350
- publishing the info to the public H.350 server when an user registers
on it

Perhaps the authentication won't be done using H.350 but a MySQL DB, I
don't know yet. In any case, the authentication details can not be
visible to outside users and registered users details should be visible
to outside users only for users who are currently registered to the
Gatekeeper.