Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] About Skype...

Le mer 07/07/2004 à 18:33, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> There is one line fix to add in nixj to get it working, you have to mail
> Derek (in CC).
>
> Derek sent me that one line change a while ago, but I don't remember it.
> I thought it was available in latest CVS of nixj, but perhaps I'm wrong.
> Derek will tell more about this.

Actually this one-line change was included in CVS maybe a month ago if I
recall correctly. However you have to remember it'll only work on 2.4
kernels, 2.6 won't work with nixj.

To Robert (who is using mdk like me :-)): I used the ixj driver included
in the standard mdk kernel (I'm using 10.0). I had to tweak some files
to get it working:

cat /etc/pcmcia/config

device "ixj_pcmcia"
module "phonedev","ixj_pcmcia"
card "Internet PhoneCARD"
version "Quicknet"
bind "ixj_pcmcia"

cat /etc/pcmcia/quicknet.conf
device "ixj_cs"
    class "Telephony"
    module "phonedev", "ixj_pcmcia"
card "PhoneCARD"
    manfid 0x0257, 0x0600
    version "Quicknet"
    bind "ixj_cs"

cat /etc/modprobe.conf
alias sound-slot-0 maestro
install scsi_hostadapter /sbin/modprobe imm; /sbin/modprobe ppa;
/bin/true
install usb-interface /sbin/modprobe usb-uhci; /bin/true
alias char-major-100 ixj
alias char-major-100-0 ixj_pcmcia
alias char-major-100-1 ixj_pcmcia
alias char-major-100-2 ixj_pcmcia
alias char-major-100-3 ixj_pcmcia
alias char-major-100-4 ixj_pcmcia

#----hack for hotplug usb-storage----
install scsimon /bin/true

And then I created the device:
mknod /dev/phone0 c 100 0
chmod a+rw /dev/phone0

GnomeMeeting finally saw it with no problem :-)

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi libertysurf fr>