Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] About Skype...

Le mer 07/07/2004 à 18:31, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> The only real advantage is transparent NAT support, we have several
> alternatives in GM CVS :

>From what I saw (quick Ethereal sniff) Skype sends UDP packets to a lot
of public servers before actually establishing the media stream. I guess
it analyzes the results from these packets to guess what kind of NAT may
be used. A little like STUN actually, but with many servers.
But it's just what I seem to have understood, no real intellect at all
here :-) [and, as it has been pointed out before, I didn't spend that
much time on it, so you might as well ignore my this post :-)]

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi libertysurf fr>