Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] About Skype...

Le mar 06/07/2004 à 22:35, Robert Vojta a écrit :
> >  I think the infamous comparison between Skype and "other
> > standard VoIP clients" (as stated on http://www.skype.com/skype.html)
> > needs a serious refresh, especially the part about sound quality :-)
>
>   This is classical PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

You are right, I have to confess that I haven't spent much time on it. I
just thought it wasn't very fair of them to post a "comparison" between
products on their site without even mentioning what kind of testing was
made. Besides, Skype advertises a lot its ease of use, so as a standard
user I wanted to let people know that I had a lot less troubles to set
up GnomeMeeting to talk to a NetMeeting client than to set up 2 Skype
ones, that's all.

>   I'm not against GnomeMeeting nor against Skype. Both are cool. But
> what I really dislike is pointing that XX is bad, because YY is not
> working because of PEBKAC and similiar things.

Again you're right, and I apologize for my attitude, I should have made
further testing before posting any result. And I didn't say Skype was
bad, I just said it wasn't as good and simple as their website says it
is.

Regards (and btw thanks for your mdk rpms, these are the ones I used to
make the above tests :-)),

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi libertysurf fr>