Re: Gnome Web Plone Sprint

@Murray,
I know that you've been actively involved with this for a good while, so I can imagine your concerns are based on experience. It seems that we have a window of opportunity with some new persons actively making some valuable contributions.

Can you make any suggestions, based on your experience, as to how we can ensure that we minimize the chaos?

One implied suggestion from your most recent comment is "write verbose commit messages and remember to make changelog entries". I'm sure there are others.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 06:15 +0100, Carsten Senger wrote:
> Hi Murray,
>
> for more than a year I read this list. I contributed small things during
> the decision process but had no time to do work on gnomeweb-plone.
>
> There are results of the sprint during ploneconf and Jonathan worked on
> wgo.theme since then, so I see a chance that the development comes to
> speed. Putting the buildout into the collective on svn.plone.org is one
> of the things that make it much easier to get contributions out of the
> plone community. People like me are used to it.

However, every commit that is made with an awful commit mesasge and no
ChangeLog entry just increases my fear that this will never become less
chaotic:

 make with