Re: library.gnome.org index

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 01:56:51PM +0200, Frederic Peters wrote:
> Olav Vitters wrote:
>
> > Ehr, I already used your previous version to product what is now on
> > library.gnome.org. Instead of processing HTML files, I made a XML
> > document and transformed it.
>
> Really nice one.
>
> There were some changes to the CSS file in my previous attachment,
> mostly minor things like some margins on home page; could they be
> applied ?

I did not do that as the CSS doesn't match the generated HTML from
libgo.

E.g.

| Index: skin/lgo.css

| @@ -12,11 +12,6 @@
|  	padding: 0px;
|  }
|
| -#main-content {

Removing main-content (repeated below) seems ok.

| +div.navbar {

Intention is to change the gdu CSS? Move it lower.

I'd like a CSS with the following structure:
1. CSS needed to header / footer (I didn't add a footer).
2. CSS needed for HTML parts added specific to libgo
2. CSS needed to change gnome-doc-utils/gtkdoc CSS (to integrate it
better with libgo)

[..]
| -div.sidebar {
| +div#sidebar {

This is wrong. The sidebar is a class, not an id.

|  	position: absolute;
|  	text-align: left;
|  	right: 0px;
| @@ -94,31 +90,31 @@
|  	border-left: 1ex solid #eee;
|  }
|
| -div.sidebar h2 {
| +div#sidebar h2 {

Again, class not an id.

|  	margin-top: 0;
|  	padding: 5px 2ex 5px 2ex;
|  	background: url(/skin/t.png) top left repeat-y;
|  	font-size: 100%;
|  }
|
| -ul.toc {
| +div#sidebar div.autotoc ul {

Same here.

|  	padding: 0;
| -	padding-left: 20px;
| +	padding-left: 15px;
|  	margin-left: 0;
|  	margin-right: 10px;
| -	list-style: none;
| +	list-style: circle;
|  }
|
| -ul.toc li {
| +div#sidebar div.autodoc ul li {

And here.

|  	list-style: circle;
|  }
|
| -ul.toc li a {
| +div#sidebar div.autodoc ul li a {

etc

|  	text-decoration: none;
|  	color: black;
|  }
|
| -ul.toc li a:hover {
| +div#sidebar div.autodoc ul li a:hover {

etc

|  	text-decoration: underline;
|  }
|
| @@ -283,3 +279,30 @@

[..]
| +div.block-indent {
| +	margin: 0 1em;
| +}
[..]

Above is targeted at changing the gnome-doc-utils CSS right? Please add
a comment before doing that, e.g.:
  /* Change gnome-doc-utils CSS */

> Actually, what is the commit policy about library-web module ?  Is
> this ok for me to commit safe things ?  Will library.gnome.org be

Yes. Commit whatever you want.

> updated automatically ?  (I am thinking about things such as dealing
> with empty <title>)

Will be updated automatically, although I think it currently does too
much work (likely because I broke something).

For empty <title>, I'd rather show the module name (did that just now).
Hiding a document just because the title isn't known is IMO wrong.

> Also fixing the mix of tabs and spaces in indexutils.py.

Feel free.

> Great to see such progress,

Indeed!

--