Re: library.gnome.org index

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 07:28:17PM +0200, Frederic Peters wrote:
> Quim Gil wrote:
>
> > Cool. What if we put Introduction as default page and then a last
> > "About" subpage containing authors, copyright, license?
>
> Actually I improved a few things and updated my gnome-doc-utils
> checkout (up to rev 929) but there is some kind of problem now and the
> documentation index page now has the table of contents and legal
> notices are nowhere to be found.

It adds that somewhere else. I don't think it is really a problem. I'd
rather have people see a toc instead of (for them) a useless page.

[..]
> Also, there is a minimal http://lgo.0d.be/about page and it links to
> http://lgo.0d.be/src/ which has uptodate scripts.

Nice! We should probably make an about on library.gnome.org as well.

> [...]
>
> Eh, I just see now that http://library.gnome.org/ document pages have
> been updated, great work!  (even though this obsoletes some things I
> just did).
>
> Olav, did you try my generate_index.py ?  It probably has issues
> running on the whole tree, but I am eager to fix them :)

I didn't try it yet. I wanted to integrate it within libgo itself.
Meaning, in the file indexutils.py. Haven't found the time yet. I did
change a few other libgo things (and broke some stuff due to that --
still investigating where I introduced the bug). E.g. use os.path.join,
etc.

The common header is now generated via locators/common/heading.xsl.

--
Regards,
Olav