Re: The transition from dgo

<quote who="Quim Gil">

> En/na Jeff Waugh ha escrit:
> > system that builds DocBook documents directly from released tarballs,
> > and
>
> What about building the this system on the top of Drupal and the library
> as another drupal subsite of gnome.org?

Because there's no connection between publishing of our docs and Drupal.

> I know I'm becoming a pain in the ass with Drupal but this is a platform
> we are going to use, they have already DocBook features, they are
> working on having DocBook as a "more-or-less native input format" as well...

I've seen very basic DocBook output of their book feature, but little else.
However, this has no relationship with the way that our docs are authored,
built and distributed (through CVS to tarball, to end user systems).

> Also: Importing DocBook XML or troff/nroff-formatted manpages
> http://drupal.org/node/15698

This is the first thing I've seen that comes close to relevant, but is still
not really appropriate. It's actually more complicated, and we don't need it.

Perhaps, in future, automagically updating DocBook nodes stored in Drupal
from the DocBook pulled out of tarballs would be interesting. But right now,
I don't quite see the relevance.

Drupal is not the answer to everything, and honestly, I am back to not being
convinced it's the answer for wgo. wgo should ultimately be a very small,
very 'crafted' website. The very dynamic stuff is elsewhere (and can easily
be included in wgo pages, but doesn't really make sense for its core
structure).

linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

   "Well, you know us usability folks... We like to believe that the two
    aren't mutually exclusive." - Calum Benson on power and cleanliness