Re: The transition from dgo

<quote who="Claus Schwarm">

> > What has been planned about the library? Sorry, I missed this.
>
> I'd be interested in the answer, too.
>
> According to google, there was a google SOC bounty for library.go but I
> found no results. Everybody seems to think documents will go there but
> nobody has an idea how this should *really* look like.

Given the apparent lack of results from the SOC project, I've been working
on it during my travels. The concept for it from the start was a very basic
system that builds DocBook documents directly from released tarballs, and
creates a simple search/navigation system around it. Version 1 builds very
specifically from *released tarballs* (and will do so directly from tarball
upload with install-module), though later versions may build some documents
from revision control, and allow inclusion of non-DocBook documents. But it
is first and foremost a location for formal documentation publishing.

linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

    100% Pure Slashdot Wisdom: "Source code gives a whole new meaning to
                              free software."