Re: Status and whats the staus?

From: "Jeff Waugh" <jdub perkypants org>
> <quote who="Steve Fox">
>
> > > Yeah, it will be pretty cool. Plus you can hit a central page that
has *all*
> > > of the news on it, not just the stuff for each section, or the
stuff deemed
> > > as "news.gnome.org" worthy.
> >
> > Do we *really* want that much news on the front page?
>
> No, absolutely not. Note that I said "a central page". The front page
would
> probably still have new apps and primary news stories as rss/rdf
feeds.
> news.gnome.org would have the primary news feed summaries, links to
the
> other feeds, and the option of showing all the news.

Actually, I'd like to see www.gnome.org have almost no application news
("GNOME 2 Released" perhaps) and only major, major headlines. Once a
month kind of stuff off to the side. Then we'd have room for screen
shots and some vital-ish info about GNOME that a first time visitor
might not ever drill down and see. The front page is a billboard, not a
news feed.

The front page of developer.gnome.org is the place for app news and
birthday type headlines. While perhaps news.gnome.org could have the
complete feed, I don't think it would be a problem if we just used d.w.o
for that purpose and abandoned n.g.o.

Steve Hall  [ digitect mindspring com ]